Monday, February 22, 2010

Blogging

I've always wanted to create a blog. And by always, I mean since I saw Julie and Julia about a month ago. Really, after watching that movie, who wouldn't be inspired? However, this posed the problem of what on earth to blog about. I'm a notoriously awful journal writer, so having a journal-style blog would simply be a waste of space on the Internet (not that the Internet will run out of space anytime soon. But still). Trying to keep an online journal would turn out no better than my other seventeen journals did, all of which are now stuffed in the bottom drawer of my nightstand with two or three measly entries and a whole slew of blank pages inside. The next idea was a strictly photo blog, no writing required, but I'm really more of a photographer-when-the-moment-is-right-and-my-roommate-says-hey-take-a-picture, rather than a seriously-like-to-improve-my-photography-skills type of person. Besides, I'm pretty sure I would run out of things to take pictures of about two days in. So that was a no-go too.

Then I had my epiphany. What about a gratitude blog? It wouldn't be a real journal, so I'd be more likely to write everyday. I wouldn't have to do anything more than sit at my computer and write, so it wouldn't be too time consuming. And isn't being grateful supposed to make you more happy? That settled it. Before I begin the actual blog, however, I should probably set down some rules. You're more likely to keep rules if they're in writing, right? So here they are: Every day, I have to write (at least) one thing I've been grateful for that day; I'm not allowed to repeat anything, and I have to keep this up for 365 days. Shouldn't be too hard right? Here we go.

I suppose I should start by saying I'm grateful for blogging. I mean, where else would I be able to put my idea into action? Plus blogs are really cute. And they're free! Really, win-win situation here. One day down, 364 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment