Tuesday, February 23, 2010

South Town Market

This morning was a very typical morning. I unwillingly dragged myself out of bed at 7:27 after both my alarms went off twice, stumbled into the bathroom with eyes mostly closed, and took my good ole' sweet time in the shower. Finding a relatively decent outfit wasn't too hard, and doing my hair didn't take too long (as you can see, I really spend lots of time on my appearance). And then it was breakfast time! Best time of the morning, except for those days when you wake up two hours before your alarm goes off and realize you have two more hours to sleep. But on an average day, breakfast is the best part of the morning. This morning, I decided a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch was on the menu, so I poured out the cereal and reached for the milk. Only to realize that if I went through with my grand plan, there would be no more milk. Oh what a dilemma!

Well, as you could probably guess, I used the last of that precious commodity. My bowl of cereal was delicious, but... now I had no milk. And my plan for dinner had been to make Mom's potato soup recipe, which requires two cups of it. Go figure. I pondered what to do about this rather unhappy problem while I went to my first few classes. See, the grocery store is just far enough away that I have to take the bus or borrow my roommate's car, and that seemed a bit excessive for one teensy gallon of milk. Then it hit me. The South Town Market. Last week, a convenience store opened just south of campus, called the South Town Market (I think). This store just happens to be exactly on my walk home from campus. And they sell milk. Problem. Solved.

Needless to say, today I'm grateful for the South Town Market, since it easily (and cheaply) provided me with the milk necessary to make my soup. I feel like I'll be frequenting that store more often because, really, it's quite a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment