Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Not-Done Hair

I am not a cold and wet person. Warm and wet, sure. Cold and dry, fine. But cold and wet is pretty high on my list of dislikes. Which of course means that living in Provo is quite the adventure for me because of the abundance of snow during the wintertime (though this winter has been rather abnormal in that category so far, and I'd really like it to stay that way). Today just so happened to be one of those extremely unfortunate days where the snow gods decided to dump a wonderful mixture of snowy rain on the Provo bubble. And, because Utah doesn't believe in the beautiful concept of snow days, it was a typical day of class.

When I entered my first class of the day, I was blissfully unaware that any precipitation was scheduled to fall. Consequently, I was rather shocked upon emerging from that same class to find that it was indeed snowing. Unfortunately for me, I had no form of head covering whatsoever. I used to have a hood on my jacket, but three of the five buttons that held it on fell off, and then so did the hood. My only option was to walk through the wetness to my next class and... get wet. Which is what I did. Then I walked to the bus stop and got wet again. Then from the bus stop to my apartment. My apartment back to the bus stop. The bus stop to my last class. And finally, I walked home. All in the snowy rain. As I'm sure you can imagine, I got rather wet today, especially in the region of my head. By the time I made it to my apartment for the night, I decided I could have skipped my shower this morning and been just fine.

This is where my gratitude comes into play. Normally, I would have been a little bit upset about my hair getting wet over and over because my hair doesn't do well with wet. If I straighten it, I have to make sure no moisture touches it or else it reverts back to its natural self, which looks like something along the lines of day-old noodles pulled out of a tupperware. However, today I did not straighten it. All I did was blow it dry and let it be, so the fact that it got drenched every hour for five hours didn't even matter! Which made me feel a little better about the fact that it did get drenched so much. And boy, am I grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment