Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Recap

As you may have noticed, I am behind. By quite a few days actually. And the problem with being so far behind is the daunting task it presents of catching up. And the problem with this daunting task is, well, it's daunting, and one that I'm not particularly keen on dealing with. So, in an effort to actually continue this daily blog, I'm afraid I will be skipping the days I've missed and starting anew with today. Skip is a bit harsh though, because I will complete 365 posts; they just won't be consecutive. So, here we go again.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The unfortunate thing about skipping so many days is that several of those days were full of excitement. Because I like to share my excitement, and because I love pictures, today's post will be a pictorial recap of my summer so far.

Because I've uploaded a large amount of pictures from our Rome trip into an album on facebook, I'll simply post the link here. I'd rather not post 178 pictures onto my blog as well. This would be the url:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2045860&id=1224510276&l=7892cbee4b

Onto the company pictures! My aunt, uncle, and cousins came to visit for a week, and luckily Skyler was able to come sortof that same week as well, so it was quite hectic around here for a good ten days while we toured our visitors around the area. A few pictures of our adventures for your viewing pleasure.


The white stone of the buildings in DC are really quite stunning.


It's semi blurry, and my cousin Audrey was taking a picture at the same time, which accounts for the orange light on Skyler's shirt, but I like it all the same.


I might have gotten a little carried away with my artistic picture taking.


Skyler and my dad were a little tired by the time we made it the World War II memorial. While the rest of us put our feet in the fountain, they slept.


At Ford's Theater. He didn't want to smile because 'something sad happened there.'


Waiting for everyone at Arlington National Cemetery. I believe this was our fifth try for a picture.


The best temple in the world.


I love this picture, even though it is a bit blurry. It's just so candid.


At the beach on Assateague Island. Skyler got a little bit sunburned.


The wild horses on the island.


From our trip to the Baltimore Aquarium. I couldn't believe how colorful the coral is!


If you ever see this little guy in the water, run.


And of course, Raven's Stadium, so Skyler could rub it in his brother's face.

There you have the adventures of my summer. Very fun and very warm. Thank goodness for recaps.

1 comment:

  1. Hey look!! I can comment. :) I LOVE what you say about the jelly. I love those little guys.

    ReplyDelete