Thursday, July 8, 2010

Toy Story 3

Friday, June 18, 2010

Cinematic masterpiece. Artistic genius. Most epic movie to grace theaters this year. Toy Story 3.

I am a Disney fan. Though fan might not be a strong enough word. Fanatic. Obsessed nutcase. These are perhaps more apt descriptions. I love the old Disney movies, most of which we own on VHS, and several of which I now own on DVD. I can quote large portions of my most well-loved films, and sing along to at least the chorus of almost all the classic songs. I have a Disney princess calendar, and my nineteenth birthday celebration was Disney princess themed. To me, Disney is the best thing invented since sliced bread.

This obsessive love has, in recent years, extended to include most Pixar films as well, since they are a marvelous movie-making pair and all; it's only right that I am fond of them both. And Pixar has made several notable additions to my Disney collection of favorites: Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc., The Incredibles, Up. And, of course, the Toy Storys.

Who could fail to love the Toy Story series? On top of being voiced by notable funnymen Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, Woody and Buzz have a friendship that everyone wishes to someday have with their friends. Starting out as enemies, they eventually learn to work together, and by the end are rescuing each other from perilous situations. It's phenomenal. So who in their right minds would be unexcited to see the latest installment?

Definitely not me. I'd been looking forward to this movie for quite some time, and my hopes were not disappointed in the slightest. The movie was absolutely wonderful, a definite success, especially considering it was a sequel, which are usually poor when dealing with Disney (no offense). I loved every second of it. Thank you Pixar, for making my afternoon so very well-spent.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Toy Story 3 was amazing. I cried for about the last 25 minutes of it. I hope Italy was amazing :)

    ReplyDelete