Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hot (Skype) Dates

Friday, August 6, 2010

Long distance relationships get really old really fast. Though, to be fair, a long distance relationship is better than no relationship, at least with the current guy. And Skyler and I do almost everything possible to stay in touch: text, talk on the phone, facebook, the occasional email, and skype. About the only communication mode we haven't broken into is letter writing, but that might happen while I'm in Jerusalem. Well, at least maybe postcard writing.

Tonight, we had a skype date. I say 'date,' but really we'd just decided to skype tonight, so I'm not entirely sure it classifies as a date, especially when it was interrupted by my dad and his brother and brother's girlfriend. Regardless, it was quite fun.

I think skype is little short of amazing. I find it so incredible that live video feed is able to be sent over the internet. Though almost anything regarding the internet baffles me; that we can send data at all is something I consider to be a modern miracle. While the picture quality of the webcam might not always be top-notch, I really have nothing to complain about when it comes to video chatting. Personally, I'm so grateful for it that I'd like to shake the hand of whoever invented it, because somehow, hot skype dates seems to make five weeks a little more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment