Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pushiness

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Whenever I take those theoretically scientific personality tests, they always tell me that I'm an introverted person. Which I completely agree with. I much prefer my comfort zone, and breaking out of my shell makes me irrationally nervous.

This introversion also causes me, more often than not, to keep my feelings quiet. If I'm ever in a big group of people, I prefer to listen to the conversation rather than actively participate in it. And if someone upsets me, the last thing I'd do would be to tell them. My hobbies include reading and movie watching, and I often choose to go shopping alone. It's not that I hate being social, it's just that only enjoy being social for so long before I need alone time.

Sometimes, my odd hermit tendencies can be detrimental to my relationships, and it's times like these when I need a little push to get me to speak up or go out or whatever the situation requires. I don't always enjoy these pushes, but I almost always find that I'm glad for them in the end. Like when my mom pushed me to go play tennis with friends even though I'm an abysmal tennis player. Or when Skyler pushed me to actually share my feelings instead of 'thinking about them' first. I almost think I could be an extrovert if people would just push me to be. Though I'm perfectly happy with my introverted self. And I'm grateful for those little pushes that keep me from becoming a true hermit.

1 comment:

  1. We are very similar in this way, friend. I like your attitude about it, and your satisfaction with yourself.

    ReplyDelete