Sunday, August 1, 2010

Peanuts

Sunday, August 1, 2010

No, this post does not refer to the salty nut variety. Or even to the double-dipped chocolate kind. It refers to the card game called Peanuts, my favorite card game, actually. It's known by a variety of names and played in a variety of ways, but one constant holds true: it's the best card game out there. Each person has their own deck in what can be most easily described as multi-player solitaire, and it requires a fast pace and quick reaction time. If you play with my family, there may even be a little violence involved.

The reason I love this game so much is not for the adrenaline rush, or my about-five-year winning streak, or even for my totally awesome Cracker Jack playing cards; it's because we always play it as a family. It's our family game (at least when I have my way; otherwise the game generally tends to be Racko). For a little while in high school, we played it almost every Sunday night, until my family got tired of losing to me every time (you think I exaggerate, but I really win every time). It was great family bonding time, even with Carlton accusing me of cheating and Derek actually cheating. And I think that's something to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment