Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Teachers Who Care

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I am almost positive that every child out there has had a teacher at some point that didn't care about his or her well-being. Unfortunately, I don't know that the opposite is true, that every child has had a teacher that was deeply invested in his or her well-being. I would hope that it is, but the reality might not be so optimistic.

Luckily for me, I have had the good fortunate to have more than one teacher who actually cared about me as an individual. And one of those teachers happens to be the Institute teacher in my stake, Brother Premont. Brother Premont is a rather funny guy, and he really loves to talk. His lessons run long more often than not, but he always has a snack ready for us after, and he likes to catch up with our lives while we bond over cookies or root beer floats.

Tonight I had a very nice conversation with Brother Premont as we discussed everything from my upcoming travel plans to the BYU football team. He really takes an interest in my life, and making sure that I'm living a very happy one. It's comforting to know that there are teachers like him out there, teachers who really care about the students they teach and who actually wish to better their students' lives rather than just get them through the class. And I'll always be grateful for teachers like Brother Premont.

No comments:

Post a Comment