Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Band-aid Tests

Thursday, June 10, 2010

As I stated in yesterday's post, I have thoroughly awful study habits. Whether that's entirely my fault or not . . . well that's still to-be-determined. Whether I'm doing anything to improve them or not . . . well that would be a definite no. Today's test experience just serves as further proof that I am absolutely getting no better.

I got out of class around 9:40 this morning; I studied until 11; I took my test. My comprehensive test that covered the grammar and vocabulary from the entire book. And I only studied for one hour and twenty minutes before taking it. Do you believe that I have bad study habits yet? This is pretty routine; it's how I deal with most tests, though occasionally I'll do a little studying the night before too if I think the test will be REALLY difficult.

Today was more of a 'hey, what the heck, I'm not going to study more so I might as well take it now!' test. This happens frequently in relation to Spanish class, and somehow I've still managed to pull out semi-decent grades in that subject. Anyways, I've come up with (what I think is) a clever name for my brand of test-taking: band-aid tests. I tend to believe that the sooner it's over, the better life will be, just like pulling off a band-aid. So that's the philosophy I subscribe to, and so far I'm thankful for it. It's made my test-taking college career much less stressful, though whether or not it actually is a good strategy is still TBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment