Saturday, June 12, 2010

Concerned Friends

Friday, June 4, 2010

I don't think I've ever been more homesick in my life than I have been this past week. Why, I have no idea. Nothing specific has happened to make me homesick, except maybe seeing my brother last weekend. And nothing specific is happening next week that would cause this feeling. And yet here I am, extremely grouchy and wanting nothing more than to curl up with my elephant on my bed all night.

Luckily, I have a concerned friend named Maren, who very nicely puts up with my bleak mood. I mean, she actually wanted to hang out with me tonight, though that could have been because I made Dad's Favorite Dessert. Between the two of us, I think we managed to polish off at least a fourth of it. Which I feel completely justified about because it contains chocolate, and today is one of those days that just needs a good dose of chocolate.

I think it must have been more than the dessert though, because Maren even willing watched a movie with me. She's such a good friend. I'm grateful that I have concerned friends like her, who at least pretend to enjoy my company even though they run the risk of having their heads bitten off. It's such a comfort to know that people will risk death for the sake of my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment