Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wedding Receptions

Friday, May 28, 2010

While thinking about what to blog about for today, I realized that I was once again really grateful for St. George. It's warm, it's sunny, it's an escape from Provo (and where I'll be this weekend). Positives all around! The only problem was that St. George has already been the star of an earlier post, and that's against the official blog rules. Meaning I was left to come up with another topic for today's post. Which in all honesty wasn't that hard, because being in St. George always makes me insanely happy with plenty of things to be thankful for.

So. I finally decided on a topic that will probably earn me a fair amount of ridicule from my roommate and her fiance. But such is life. Tonight I am thankful for wedding receptions. How did I get from St. George to this? Well let me tell you.

Today's schedule was pretty relaxed. I went to class like normal; Skyler and TJ ended up at my apartment; I filled out a housing waiver so that I could BYU-legally live in my current place. We hung out for a few hours, picked up Sarah, and headed south. What I remember of the drive wasn't bad (I was asleep for a good three hours - in my defense I only got four hours of sleep last night), and we finally ended up in St. George. Where we promptly got ready to go to a wedding reception. (See the connection right there?)

I had been to all of three wedding receptions (that I can remember) before coming to college. That number has more than doubled since moving to Utah, and most of the receptions were for people I barely knew. See, when the person you visit in St. George is very popular, and has lots of engaged friends who have receptions on Friday and Saturday nights, you end up going along with him while he pays his respects. Sometimes you even end up going to two in one night. It's a very good thing that I like wedding receptions.

They're just so elegant. The bride is always beautiful, and she and the groom look so insanely happy, you just can't help but smile. The decorations are always pretty, and very creative. And the food is definitely stunning (though I generally don't eat to much; for some reason I feel weird about eating food at a reception that I personally wasn't invited to, though I can't imagine why). The food is definitely stunning to look at would be more accurate of my wedding reception experience. Everything is absolutely wonderful, and I love going. Not to mention they provide a reason to get dressed up, and I always love an excuse to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment