Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tests That Are Open For More Than One Day

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I've found that one of the hardest things about college for me is studying for tests. I know that's a rather unfortunate thing to be hard, but at least I have a relatively good explanation to back myself up. I very rarely had to study hard for tests in high school. It's not that high school was easy, more that I retained the information better because we spent more time learning it, and teachers had study periods the preceding class rather than teaching new material up until the day before the test (like most of college professors do). Consequently, I have very poor study habits.

On top of these awful habits, most of my college tests are given during a certain period at the testing center, and are take-at-your-leisure, as long as you take it during the days it's available. Not having a set day and time to take my tests adds another wrench into my already problem-filled studying, because I've discovered that I'm relatively un-self-motivated. Without a set schedule, I procrastinate with the best of them until the last possible minute.

Having said all that, I'd like to go back on it all and say that, in this case, I'm grateful my Spanish test is open for two days. Because I am definitely not in the mood to take a comprehensive grammar test that will require hours of studying. In this case, I'd much rather procrastinate it until the last possible minute, and worry about improving my study habits at some date to-be-determined.

(Pardon the title; I couldn't think of a better - and more concise - way of phrasing that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment