Sunday, June 20, 2010

Flat Shoes

Sunday, June 6, 2010

It's quite an interesing experience to go to church alone, and something I hadn't experienced until this weekend (that I can remember). Sam and Jason were somewhere besides Provo, meaning I ended up making the trek to our old ward all by myself.

Luckily, I was smart enough to not wear heels. Since Sam and I are living in a married apartment, we decided not to move to the ward for the complex. How awkward would that be, two single girls going to a ward for newly-married couples or couples with kids. Instead we've continued to attend our old ward and try our hardest to avoid showing up on the radar.

The only consequence to these sneaky manuevers is a considerably longer walk to our meetings. The new apartment complex is right on the edge of campus, but it's on the same level as lower campus, and the ward meets practically smack in the middle of upper campus. This means that we have quite the hike to get to our ward now, the worst part being the more-than-just-a-few flights of stairs. Heels are practically impossible to wear in this situation, unless you like ending up with a mass of blisters istead of a foot by the end. Which is why I will be forever grateful for cute, flat shoes. They make situations like these much more bearable, and leave me with much happier feet, something I will never complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment