Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rolls

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I have this thing about homemade rolls. I think I eat as many rolls as I do the rest of dinner combined when they happen to be on the menu. Don't ask me why they appeal to me so much, but it's practically an obsession; I could be completely stuffed and still manage to down at least three rolls, butter included. This means that a good rolls recipe is a staple in my cookbook.

Lucky for me, Skyler's dad was a baker at one point in his life, and he's practically a pro at anything food. So today he gave us a few tips on how to make his absolutely-fabulously-wonderful homemade rolls. The recipe itself wasn't a very big help, because it mostly consisted of a spoonful of this and a palmful of that (his dad is that much of a pro - he hardly had to measure anything!), but the tips were quite helpful. Like how to know if the dough is ready. And the more times you punch it down, the lighter the rolls turn out. Skyler and I might not have been the best helpers (we fell asleep during the rising process, and forgot to wake up to punch the dough), but the rolls were still delicious. And, per usual, I ate more than I should have. Oh well. I can still be thankful for their existence!

No comments:

Post a Comment