Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Drive-In Movies

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Over the past few years, I have developed the rather odd habit of listening to movies instead of listening to music. Meaning that I end up "watching" a fair number of movies, most of which I have seen several times before, because it's hard to listen to a movie if you haven't already seen it. And while I listen to all these movies, I do things, like homework or clean my room. It's gotten to the point that, unless I'm in a theater, I feel like I have to be doing something no matter what the movie. That could be why I like theaters so much; it's about the only way I can watch a movie in peace anymore.

Tonight I went to a rather unusual theater: a drive-in movie. The last time I went to a drive-in, I was somewhere around twelve years old, and my friend and I barely managed to stay awake during the first of the three movies that were being shown. So I wasn't quite sure what to expect from tonight's excursion. Well, it turned out to be fantastic.

We only got a tiny bit lost on the way to the theater, but still managed to make it in time. It didn't take us long to decide on the movies to see: Iron Man 2 and Date Night. For seven dollars each, we made it into the "theater" (aka a special parking lot) and set up shop. Well, since Skyler had never been to a drive-in, and I hadn't been for years, we weren't quite prepared to spend four hours in the open air in the back of a pick-up truck. Luckily for us, we were with TJ and Amy, and Amy frequents the drive-in theater. She was prepared and then some, so they lent us a few blankets, and we made ourselves comfortable.

Well, it turned out to be the best seven dollars I've spent in a long time (or really that Skyler spent), even though I fell asleep during Iron Man 2 (I'd already seen it, so I think it's understandable). Date Night was hilarious; the truck bed was actually relatively comfortable, and the blue raspberry slushy Skyler got during intermission was very good. Night well spent in my book, even though Spanish class tomorrow will be killer. Oh well! Thank goodness for drive-in movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment