Sunday, April 4, 2010

General Conference

This weekend was fantastic. There were several reasons for this, involving extended family Easter festivities and surprising wake ups, but one of the main reasons was General Conference. General Conference didn't use to be a favorite activity of mine. In fact, it was almost something I dreaded when I was younger. A whole Saturday and Sunday of sitting there listening to old people talk? Not a little girl's idea of happiness.

It's only been in recent years that I've really started to appreciate those semi annual eight hours. And this weekend was quite possibly the best General Conference I've ever sat through, mostly because I was actually listening to the speakers (at least to the parts I was awake for, which was almost all of it). And the speakers were fantastic. There were even points where I felt like their talks were specifically directed to me. Which made it much cooler to listen to and think about their messages. I discovered I'm actually starting to love General Conference, and be grateful for it. It also didn't hurt that I was in good company. And the Star Wars legos were a definite plus. Overall, it was a worthwhile weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment