Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Writing Fellows

I don't know what possessed me to get two jobs at the beginning of this semester. Two time-consuming jobs. Especially since both those jobs involved student essays. On top of fifteen credits, nine of which came from English classes. I think it goes without saying that this semester involved LOTS of reading and writing. And I can't say I really enjoyed it all that much.

However, today I love my Writing Fellows job (it's always been the better of the two). It was our Closing Social, which means we got paid to go to a party and eat cookies. Then they gave out awards for categories like Most Prolific Blackboard Poster and the Charlie Chaplin Award for the Strong and Silent Fellow. It was fantastic. I even got a candy bar because I will (hopefully) not be returning next semester because I will (hopefully) be going to Jerusalem. I found it to be a very satisfactory way to spend my afternoon. And I am very grateful that I'm involved with the Writing Fellows program, because it's absolutely a blast to be part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment