Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sunshine

My day was about as unproductive as they come. What can I say: it was Thursday, and I'm notoriously awful at getting work done on Thursday. Add this to the fact that my only homework consisted of editing one double-spaced page of text, and you have a recipe for disaster. Or success, whichever way you choose to look at it.

I will admit that the day didn't start out as happily as I would have liked. I woke up an hour late, but that also seems to have become a Thursday tradition. Don't worry, I still made it to my Spanish class on time. You might be wondering why I didn't just skip it; really, the odds on that class being a waste of time are very good. Unfortunately, I had to give a presentation today, which meant I had to go. Naturally. Other than this slight mishap in my morning schedule, my day was fantastic! The brilliant sunshine and sixty-degree weather contributed immensely to this, in case you were wondering that too.

I love sunshine. I think it's practically impossible to have an unhappy day when the sun is shining in a clear blue sky. Except maybe if it's the end of August with eighty percent humidity. Then it gets a little old. But right now, in April, with flower blooming and spring in the air, sunshine is a beautiful thing. Oh how I've missed it. Which makes me even more grateful than normal for Mister Golden Sun. Please shine down on me. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment