Friday, April 9, 2010

Homemade Bread

Once again, I fit the label of typical college student. I am out of bread, cereal, and oreos, desperately need to do laundry, and have been watching TV with my roommate all afternoon instead of grading essays. Of this list of tragedies, the lack of bread is what I find most pressing. For some reason I just had this craving for toast today (yes, real toast). But I didn't want to make the ten-minute trek to the grocery store. Call me lazy, but such is life.

So I made my own bread! I've been experimenting with bread-making this semester (just like I experiment with all my food), and so far it's gone semi-decently. The first experiment was a simple white bread, and turned out just like normal. The second was a wheat bread, which had a little funky airy thing going on, but was otherwise normal. And the third was a cinnamon-raisin swirl bread, which had a bit of a doughiness problem in the middle, but the edges were good! Today's experiment was a different wheat bread recipe. And it turned out rather tastily. Plus it made our apartment smell fantastic for a few hours. So I'm thankful for homemade bread, because I was able to have my toast without traipsing around Provo to get it. Afternoon well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment