Thursday, April 1, 2010

Unintended Days of Relaxation

It was another typical Thursday today. By typical I mean completely unmotivated to do anything. The story of my day really is a pretty pathetic story.

I woke up at 8:15, an hour later than normal, and instead of hurrying to get ready and make it to my Spanish class(which would have been easy enough to do), I decided to skip it altogether. I felt it was a much better choice, because I had to finish a one page paper for my 1:30 class anyways. Well, instead of working on that paper, I watched an episode of Psych online. The paper ended up getting finished about five minutes before the class started. And it gets worse from there. Pretty much the only actual work I needed to finish after I got home from classes for the day was reading and responding to three student essays. Which takes about three hours total. Three hours, one per paper. That was all. Three measly hours. And yet here I am, not even halfway done. Where did my day go?

I'm feeling an extreme case of deja vu right now, because I'm pretty sure I ask myself this same question every Thursday. What is it about this day that makes me put my life on hold? I don't know that I'll ever get an answer to that. But I am grateful for the unintended day of relaxation, even though it generally causes more stress later on in my life. Oh well. I'm slowly and painfully getting used to it.

On a side note, Happy April Fools' Day! A certain crazy friend of mine tried her hardest to persuade me to make this post all about my non-existent engagement. And though she was unsuccessful, it was a very funny idea. So maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment