Friday, April 16, 2010

The Jerusalem Center

I am convinced that good news can brighten even the stormiest of days, and today I got the best of news:

I got accepted into the BYU Jerusalem Center for the Fall 2010 semester!

Technically, I guess I'm only initially accepted, but, barring a psychotic break-down, I should pass my final admissions interview to actually get in. And I don't see any break-downs in the near future, especially since I only have three finals left before the semester is over. I can't even tell you how excited I was to see that thick envelope in the box today. Never in my life have a gotten a better piece of mail.

I suppose I should be at least a little worried about going to Israel for four months, since I hear it's potentially dangerous over there, but I think my mother has the worrying part covered. Which leaves me to think about how ridiculously excited I am that I will be going to Israel for four months! I think it qualifies as the epitome of once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. Plus I won't be in Provo for a whole semester. Could life be any more fantastic?

In all reality, there are a few things I'm a little apprehensive about, but none of them involve fearing for my life. Mostly I'm worried about the fact that I can only take one fifty-pound suitcase and one carry-on with me to live for four months in Jerusalem, meaning a varied wardrobe will apparently be low on the priorities list. Good thing I'm not a fashionista. And the other thing . . . well, I'm a little worried about leaving a certain person behind surrounded by desperate BYU girls. You just never know what girls dying for a husband will do. I guess this will be a good opportunity for me to learn how to trust others. Better late than never!

But these worries are (relatively) small compared to my excitement, so tonight I'm focusing on the happy feelings, and how grateful I am that I got in. I'll leave the worrying for a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment