Sunday, April 18, 2010

Patience

I don't know that I've ever been in the situation that I'm in right now. See, my birthday is on Wednesday, and all celebratory activities are being planned for me. I know almost completely nothing, except that it's in St. George (or at least part of it is), I should wear good shoes, and my roommate Maren suggested some of it. That's IT. The rest is a surprise, except for the very small hints I occasionally get. It took me about two weeks and used up all the methods of persuasion that I know to get the three measly tidbits of info that I just mentioned. And I don't know what more to do about it.

I love surprises. Really I do. But I'm actually relatively hard to completely surprise with things like what's being done for my birthday. I think the only time I can honestly say I was surprised on my birthday was when I turned nineteen; every other time I had a vague idea of what was afoot (and sometimes more than just a vague idea). But this year blows my nineteenth birthday out of the water. I have never been more in the dark than I am right now, and it's driving me CRAZY. My roommates know, their families know, Sam's whole class knows what I'm doing for my birthday, and I don't have the FAINTEST idea. Not only do I not have any idea, but I've run out of ideas for how to get hints so that maybe I could get some semblance of an idea. It's infuriating! And yet extremely exciting at the same time.

So what am I going to do about this situation? Just about the only thing I can do, and the one thing I don't want to: WAIT. Which is definitely not my strong point. Impatience is more my style, except that's doing nothing more than driving me insane at the moment. Three more days (I think; I don't even know when I'll find out what I'm going to be doing. Yeah, I know - it's cruel and unusual punishment) of waiting. Three more VERY LONGGGG days. So tonight I'm grateful for patience, in the hopes that by being so, I'll miraculously find that I have more of it. And also to salvage whatever is left of my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment