Sunday, March 21, 2010

Extended Family

Oh boy has today been a long day. Unfortunately, it's just the start of what's going to be a very long week. Here's the sneak preview: two tests, three papers (one in Spanish), twenty-four hours of paper grading, and ten hours of Writing Fellowing. All before ten o'clock on Friday night.

But I don't want to think about that any more than I have to. So let's talk about something different! Like what I did with my evening.

I'm very lucky, because my mother's youngest brother and his wife live in Provo with their five kids. Phil and Karen have always been some of my favorite relatives, probably because I've gotten to know them better than my other relatives over the years. My parents are the only ones from their siblings who live on the East Coast; everyone else lives somewhere between Iowa and California, so I haven't really gotten to know most of my extended family very well. Now that I live out here though, I have the opportunity to go to Phil and Karen's house every other Sunday or so, to eat dinner, watch Disney movies, or just sit and talk.

I went over tonight, and it was super fun, just as it always is. We ate homemade cinnamon rolls and popcorn, and watched Extreme Home Makeover and Undercover Boss. My cousins updated me on their lives, and I updated my aunt and uncle on the latest happenings at college. It was quite the relaxing evening. I've decided I love extended family; if possible, I want to live near relatives so that my kids will be friends with their cousins. We'll see if that actually happens, but it would be ideal. Until then, I'm thankful that I get the chance to live near by aunt and uncle, because it's super fun. Plus my uncle makes top notch homemade popcorn. But that's just icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment