Monday, March 29, 2010

My Fantabulous Monday

This has quite possibly been the best Monday of the whole semester. Let me rephrase that: it's been the best Monday of the semester that wasn't a holiday. Why, you may ask? If you continue reading you'll find that . . .

Today actually started out nastily. I woke up at the entirely unholy hour of 5:00 in the morning to finish going through the last twenty student papers. But, two hours and forty-five minutes later, I was FINISHED. Finally. With all one hundred and fifty, at least until next week when the final draft comes in, but we'll ignore that beastly fact for the moment. Since it was 7:45 by the time I finished, I decided to not bother with Spanish class (today was supposed to be a review anyways) and went back to sleep instead. Much more productive, in my opinion. Well, I slept through my alarm and didn't wake up until 9:17. And consequently decided that my class at 10:00 wasn't worth it either, especially since I hadn't finished the homework for it. However, luck swung in my favor today (which very rarely happens, for the record) because my 10:00 class was CANCELED. Really, when does that ever happen? I'm pretty sure it was a miracle, and it couldn't have been bestowed on a more grateful subject (aka ME). After this week-brightening turn of events, how could my Monday be bad? I was practically giddy with relief as I went to my last class of the day. Which I actually ended up missing half of too because of a work meeting, so I officially had only twenty minutes in my day that contained any educational value. Crazy, right? I almost can't believe it myself.

The next large event in my day was a haircut. I've been debating this decision for a few weeks now. See, I planned on growing out my hair, particularly my bangs, because . . . well for no good reason really. But as it always happens, I get sick of those long, luxuriant tresses pretty quickly after spending ten minutes a day with my head upside-down trying to blow-dry some volume into the weighty strands. Today, while sitting in my twenty minutes of class, I decided that I was going to get it cut. So, as soon as I got back to my apartment, I looked up directions to the salon and went for it, before I lost my nerve. Now my hair is shorter than it's ever been since it first grew out after I was born. Talk about a change. I feel extremely light-headed at the moment, and it's taken me quite a while to get used to it (it helped that my roommates each gushed over how cute it is), but I think I've decided I like it. We'll see about those feelings tomorrow after I've actually had to do something with it, but so far so good.

Last on the great-Monday-making-events list was FHE. Tonight's FHE was just fantastic! We dyed Easter eggs, ate Easter chocolate, talked about exploding Peeps, and quoted Forrest Gump. It was splendid. Honestly, who doesn't love Easter activities? They just always put me in a great mood. Maybe because Easter means Spring, which means my birthday, which of course is the best day of the year. Or maybe because I love chocolate, which always goes along with any Easter festivities. Regardless, I love them. And today was chalk full of Easter. What could be better, besides the actual Easter weekend itself? Not much at this point.

So there you have it. My fantabulous Monday. The only thing that could have made it better is if it were actually this Friday, but then it would be rather less like a Monday, so that wouldn't really work. Bottom line is I'm grateful this Monday went so well. Because after all the stress of last week and the weekend, I needed an easy day. Who knew that day would be a Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment