Monday, March 8, 2010

Postponed Deadlines

My American Literature professor uttered the most beautiful words I've ever heard today: "Let's face it. I'm not going to get to these essays today or tomorrow, so you might as well just turn them in on Wednesday." I have never been so tempted to hug any teacher I've ever had as I was after he said those magical sentences. I was so happy that I even seriously considered making him cookies for a second there. But let's not get too crazy here.

I'm pretty sure I'm the World's Worst Procrastinator. Even as I'm writing this, I'm putting off several assignments that hold a much more important place in the grand scheme of my life than this blog does. However, am I doing any of those? Nope, not a chance. And what's my plan after I finish this post? Hmm, maybe watch some TV, blog stalk a few people, write a missionary letter or two. Are any of those activities related to my fifteen credit hours or two jobs? Negative. Would you like to know how many infinitely more productive activities I could be spending my time on this evening? Hopefully you don't, because there are just too many to count. And I wonder why my life is stressful. Should be a no brainer, right?

I should try to be better about my procrastination problem. I'm sure my essays would turn out better if I started them the week before the due date instead of two hours before. And I probably wouldn't stress about work if I actually graded a few essays a day instead of leaving them all for the day before they're to be returned to the students. And yet, even though I have this knowledge, I do absolutely nothing with it. You know that American Lit essay that my professor postponed? Yeah, I haven't even started it, and it was originally supposed to be due last Wednesday. And now that I know it's not due till this Wednesday, it probably won't get started till Tuesday night at eleven o'clock. Oh the dilemmas of being a college student. So even though I know my professor's generosity really doesn't help me the slightest bit in the long run, I still am grateful for it. At least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment