Thursday, March 25, 2010

Flexibility

Today did not go as planned. In fact, it didn't go as planned from the very moment I woke up at five o'clock this morning. Because instead of working for two hours, like I'd planned, I got back in bed and slept until seven twenty-five. Every other day's plan disintegrated from there. Like how I planned to stay on campus all day. Or how I planned to grade for four hours. Or like how right now I planned to be working on my paper that's due tomorrow, but instead, here I am. Too bad this blog doesn't count as a grade, because I would so be all over that.

Despite my abysmal schedule-keeping abilities, I have good news: This day still turned out A-OK. Why? Because I actually do have the ability to be flexible, and more than just physically (at least I'd like to think I do). So today, I'm thankful for flexibility, because it's what gets me through on days, and weeks, like these, when nothing seems to go my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment