Friday, May 21, 2010

Early Mornings

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I absolutely hate when I forget very essential information. It's even worse when I tell myself not to forget whatever the information is - and I forget it anyway. This unfortunate situation happened to me today.

While doing my Spanish homework yesterday, I realized that I was in charge of the BOCA for this morning's class. The BOCA is the name for the class opening schedule. It involves a hymn, a prayer, and a presentation on a Spanish topic of your choice. Yesterday, I thought to myself, 'hey, don't forget to make a presentation for class tomorrow; it's worth five extra credit points, and you need all the points you can get.' After which I promptly forgot that this was now on my to-do list.

Until this morning, at around six forty-five when I was in the shower. What an awful feeling, remembering that in little more than an hour, I would be giving a presentation that I didn't even know the topic yet. Good thing I get up so early; it gave me the necessary time to throw together a pretty terrible power point on the Day of the Dead (a Mexican holiday), and I got my points. So, as much as I hate it, I'm grateful that I get up so early in the morning. Not only does it give me a little wiggle room in the mornings, but it has actually made my days more productive as a whole. Which is nice. It's a good thing I have help getting up so early though; otherwise, I'd probably miss class every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment