Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Pleasant-ness of Swinging

Saturday, May 15, 2010

I absolutely adore swinging. I've loved it since as long as I can remember. And when I swing now, it's not that I'm relieving my childhood or flashing back to all the good times I used to have; I legitimately still enjoy swinging. There's just something special about the rush of air in my face, or the little jump of the swing when I get too high, or the rust smell on my hands afterward. I love it.

In case you hadn't already guessed, today I got to swing. In a very pleasant park on a very pleasant afternoon with a very pleasant person. (Nevermind that the park was meant for five- to twelve-year-olds. The swinging was still pleasant.) I've decided that swinging is my warm soapy water of the outdoors, and I cannot wait for summertime to really arrive, so that I can have more pleasant afternoons with pleasant people. Thank you to today's swing break, for making me realize that I'm definitely installing a swingset in my backyard when I finally have that real house I've always wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment