Monday, May 24, 2010

Umbrellas

Today would have been a relatively regular Monday. Except it wasn't. Because it snowed. For those of you skeptics out there who think I made that up - believe it. Mother Nature dumped a good two to three inches worth of ice on us this morning. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper.

But, the morning didn't turn out nearly as bad as it could have, mostly because I realized there was precipitation before I walked out the door this time and took precautionary measures. Namely, using an umbrella.

I got my umbrella at the beginning of my freshman year, when my mom and I went shopping for dorm room essentials. I tried to tell her I didn't need one, that it would just be a waste, but she insisted, and I finally relented. I am very grateful now that my mom forced it upon me. I haven't used it much since I got it (maybe five times, if that), but the times it has been put to use have been welcome indeed. While it doesn't keep me miraculously dry, it does keep the worst off my head, and since I don't particularly enjoy getting wet, that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment