Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Full-Time-Student Status

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Never in my life did I think I would be grateful for a full load of credits. However, that was before I realized the extreme stinginess of BYU. I'm only taking one class for Spring term, which I must say I rather like, but it means I only have part-time-student status. And that means I don't get into the BYU gym for free.

Maren and I decided to go swimming tonight at the gym on campus. So we trekked over (I say trekked, but it's about a five minute stroll from my apartment) and went to get wristbands (because BYU requires a wristband to use any of their facilities). The girl at the desk swiped my card, and all my problems started. First I had a ten dollar fee because I never returned my towel from last semester (I'm pretty sure I lost it). Then she informed me that I had to pay twenty-two dollars and fifty cents in order to get a facility use pass to go swimming, since I'm one credit short of being a full-time student, and only full-time students can use it for free. Really? Is that really necessary? Bah humbug.

So I paid the fee, and used the pool. Good thing the pass wasn't just a one-time use, or else I would be even more annoyed than I am. Darn BYU. At least their frugality made me grateful for a full class load. Probably about the only thing that will.

No comments:

Post a Comment