Sunday, May 2, 2010

Visiting Teachers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I moved into a new apartment today, and it was extremely stressful. Well, perhaps stressful is the wrong word; frustrating would be a little more accurate. Not only do I hate moving in general, but I especially hate moving practically all my possessions from a basement apartment on one side of town to a third-floor apartment on the other. I hate it so much that it qualifies for my 'Top Five List of Things I Would Like to Never Do Again' list, at least for the time being. To be honest, it might have even made the number one spot, managing to beat out 'mincing garlic' and 'watching Dumb and Dumber.' That is a very large feat, in case you were wondering.

However, something amazing happened while my roommate and I were in the process of carting hundreds of pounds worth of crap . . . I mean very important home-making objects to our new apartment: her visiting teacher called. And what did her visiting teacher say? "Hey, I remember that you were moving today. Would you like some help?" More welcome words have never been spoken.

So she came over, bringing my visiting teacher (who also happens to be her roommate) with her to help us. I am so grateful for their help. It took us four carloads to finally haul everything we owned to our new residence, and I cannot imagine having to then drag everything up to the third floor without their help (and the help of Maren, which was appreciated just as much). I don't know that they will ever read this, but if they do - thank you. Visiting teachers really are wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment