Sunday, May 16, 2010

Reliant K and Paramore

Monday, May 10, 2010

Gosh I've done so many new things since I came to college. Like going to concerts! I'd never been to a concert (besides church choirs and school bands) until my first semester, when a few of us saw Coldplay. And tonight, I attended the second concert of my life - to see Reliant K and Paramore.

I don't really know these bands too well, but Maren had an extra ticket and needed a concert partner, so I jumped at the chance to go. I guess it makes me feel like a bit of a rebel when I go to rock concerts. And I'm definitely glad I went, though I am a little worried about my ability to hear tomorrow.

The bands were both very good, even though I didn't really know any of the songs, and it was generally impossible to actually hear the words they were singing. But they played very well, and the lead singer of Paramore was quite possibly the craziest person I have ever witnessed. I have no idea what she eats for breakfast, but I want to eat it too because she had the most energy I've ever seen. She hopped and danced and ran and head-banged around the stage for probably a good hour, while still managing to sing in a very good voice the entire time. It was insane, and I'd be willing to bet she had a killer headache by the end. But her antics just made the concert that much cooler. I'm grateful Maren had an extra ticket, so that I could get a little taste of rock culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment