Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Heroes

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Today was a very good day - minus the fact that I went back to Provo. So really it wasn't the best day at all. But such is life.

It was actually a little bit of a stressful day, to be honest. Due to a slight miscommunication, I was ride-less when I woke up. This presented a problem; since I have a Spanish test tomorrow, I sortof needed to make it back to Provo tonight. Plus I already missed class on Friday, and I didn't think it was the best idea to miss class on Monday too. But I didn't have a ride. So, what to do.

Turns out some friends of a friend of Maren's were driving back this afternoon. So Maren give me her friend's number, who then gave my number to her friends, who then texted me and offered a ride. And voila! I was saved. (Though they did demand cookies in exchange.) As I got in the car, one of my fellow passengers informed the driver that he was practically a hero for helping me in a pinch. Tonight I'm thankful for heroes. Without one I might still be in St. George. Which I would love, but isn't really conducive to doing well in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment