Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Spanish Food

I have a tendency to complain about Spanish class. But today was possibly the best Spanish class I've ever had. Because we had a fiesta!

This fiesta wasn't an ordinary one. Normally, Spanish class fiestas consist of lots of cookies, a few brownies, and the occasional plate of muffins. Nice and healthy spread, I know. Well today, instead of the usual fare, we actually had (relatively) authentic Spanish food. See, the point of the fiesta was to get graded. We had to find some form of Spanish food, do a little research, and type it up, along with the recipe. That was one half of the grade. The other half was to actually make the food and bring it in to share. Hence our fabulous party.

I've decided that I like Spanish food. And I wish I knew how to make it for reals. Someday I'm sure I'll learn. Right now I have to settle for being grateful that it exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment